You may export Android contacts in numerous file codecs reminiscent of CSV, VCF, XLSX, and so forth. that are supported by Microsoft Excel. Every file sort has its personal benefit. For instance, VCF is often used to export contacts because it additionally helps images and audio to export ringtones. Whereas CSV is used extra extensively in numerous providers. Right here’s the best way to export contacts out of your Android telephone to Microsoft Excel.
Export Android Contacts to Microsoft Excel
1. Utilizing Google Contacts
The default contacts app on many Android telephones is the Google Contacts app. However to export contacts from the Google Contacts app, first, it’s essential guarantee that your contacts are in sync along with your Google Account. To do this:
1. Open Google Contacts app in your telephone and faucet on the profile icon on the high proper nook.
2. Within the pop-up, choose the Contacts app settings possibility.
3. Now faucet on Google contacts sync settings.
4. Right here, be sure to have enabled the Additionally Sync gadget contacts possibility. It should sync your gadget contacts to Google contacts. This selection ought to be turned on by default although however we wish to ensure.
5. It’s also possible to import contacts from a SIM card to Google Contacts with the third possibility.
6. As soon as accomplished, you’re all good and might begin exporting contacts. To do this, open contacts.google.com in your telephone or desktop.
7. Faucet on the Hamberger menu on the high left nook. Then choose the Export possibility within the sidebar.
8. If you wish to export only some contacts, hover above the contacts you wish to export and allow the checkbox beside it to pick the contact. Now faucet on the Kebab menu (three-dot menu) and choose the Export possibility.
9. It should open the Export contacts pop-up the place you select between chosen contacts, all contacts, starred contacts, or often contacted contacts. Select the class you wish to export.
10. You may choose both Google CSV or Outlook CSV as file codecs. Each of them will work with most spreadsheet apps. However if you wish to particularly import them into one other Google or outlook account, then select the respective file format.
11. As soon as accomplished, faucet on the Export button to export the contacts in CSV format.
Now open the CSV file in Microsoft Excel to see all of your exported contacts.
You may export straight from the Google Contacts Cellular app too. The one distinction is it helps VCF file format as a substitute of CSV. Right here’s the best way to export contacts from the Google Contacts Cellular app. Simply choose the Repair and handle tab within the backside bar, then choose the Export to file possibility. Give a reputation and faucet on the Save button.
You can’t export solely chosen contacts from the Google Contacts app.
2. Utilizing the Samsung Contacts App
Much like Google contacts, you can even use Samsung contacts to export contacts in VCF file format.
1. Open the Samsung Contacts app and faucet on the Hamberger menu on the high left nook.
2. Within the sidebar, faucet on the Handle contacts possibility.
3. Right here, choose the Import or export contacts possibility.
4. Now faucet on the Export button below the Export contacts heading.
5. Choose the Inside storage or SD Card choice to export contacts to that cupboard space.
6. As soon as accomplished, faucet on Export.
7. This can begin exporting your contacts within the VCF file format.
3. Utilizing the Contacts to Excel app
If you don’t use a Samsung telephone or the Google contacts app, search for the export possibility within the OEM’s contacts app. If lacking, you possibly can depend on the third-party contact export app known as Contacts to Excel to get the work accomplished.
1. First set up the Contacts to Excel app from the Play Retailer.
2. Now faucet on the cog icon on the high and choose all of the contact information that you simply wish to embody within the CSV file whereas exporting.
3. Now return to the earlier display and choose the wanted file format. I chosen CSV, for instance. You may select between CSV, VCF, XLSX, and PDF.
4. As soon as chosen, faucet on the Besides Contacts choice to export all of the contacts.
5. Now grant permission to the app to entry your contacts and file storage.
6. As soon as accomplished, you possibly can open the file utilizing any spreadsheet app on the telephone or switch it to your desktop and begin engaged on it.
Android Contacts to Microsoft Excel
All these file codecs additionally work on different spreadsheet providers like Google sheets, Libra Workplace, and so forth. You may want any file format in keeping with your liking. However as famous, CSV is extensively standard and works on many functions. Whereas XLSX is Microsoft Excel’s official file format. Anyhow, the top end result isn’t a lot completely different when you open the file in Microsoft Excel. As contacts are delicate information, it’s a good suggestion to password defend your Excel file. When you have contacts printed on a paper, you possibly can simply convert them in Excel sheet.