The ChromeOS workforce is extra into growing ecosystem options than ever earlier than. Now we have now a whole lot of methods to share photographs from Android to Chromebook and vice versa. A few of them may be performed natively and wirelessly, whereas another strategies work with cables. Listed below are 3 ways to switch photographs from Android to ChromeOS.
Switch Images Between Android Telephone and Chromebook
Let’s begin with probably the most seamless and newest function out of all.
1. Telephone Hub
Telephone Hub is a mixture of many ecosystem options on ChromeOS. It gives an choice to activate Hotspot in your cellphone instantly from Chromebook, can entry your current Chrome tabs, assist find your cellphone, syncs notifications out of your cellphone to Chromebook, and rather more. And now, you may entry photographs out of your cellphone on Chromebook without having to switch them in any respect. However there are stipulations and a small set-up course of required.
First, your cellphone needs to be working Android 8 or above and Chromebook needs to be on ChromeOS 103 or above. In case your units are eligible, you may observe the steps beneath to set them up.
1. Click on on time within the backside proper nook of Chromebook. Then choose the cog icon to open the ChromeOS Settings app.
2. Now choose the Related units choice and click on on the Set-up button beside the Android cellphone.
3. Proceed the set-up course of and enter your Google password for affirmation. ChromeOS will robotically choose the gadget that you’ve logged in together with your Google account.
4. Click on on it and allow the toggle beside the Current photographs choice.
5. In your cellphone, open your System settings app. Right here scroll down and open the Google choice.
6. On the Google settings web page, choose the choice Gadgets and sharing. Then choose the Chromebook choice.
7. Right here, allow the toggle beside Images and media. (If you happen to don’t see this selection, be certain to attach your cellphone to Chromebook as talked about earlier than).
That’s it, now you may click on on the Telephone icon within the dock on Chromebook to entry your newest photographs in your Android cellphone.
Merely click on on a photograph to obtain and entry it in your Chromebook immediately without having to switch the picture out of your cellphone.
2. Close by Share
Whereas Telephone hub is sweet, you solely get the final 4 photographs out of your cellphone. That’s the place Close by Share is available in. It’s like AirDrop for Android and ChromeOS. Earlier than getting began, you could arrange Close by Share on each your Android cellphone and Chromebook. As soon as performed, you can begin sharing recordsdata between each units.
Close by share works solely when Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are turned on. So, be certain to show them on, on each units.
1. Open the Gallery app in your Android cellphone, choose photographs, and faucet on the Share icon.
2. Right here, choose the Close by Share choice within the Android share sheet menu. Some gallery apps use their very own share sheet which can not embrace Close by Share. If that’s the case, it’s best to see extra choices within the share sheet that ought to enable you to open the default Android’s share sheet.
3. If in case you have logged in to the identical Google account in your Chromebook and Chromebook with close by with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on, then it’s best to be capable of see your Chromebook within the Close by Share menu. Faucet on it.
4. If each the units usually are not logged in to the identical Google account, click on on time on the backside proper nook of your Chromebook and choose Close by Visibility choice to allow it. Now it’s best to see Chromebook in your Android gadget within the Close by Share panel.
5. It should immediate you to simply accept the incoming recordsdata from Close by Share in your Chromebook. Click on on Settle for.
6. As soon as accepted, the photographs ought to start to switch to your gadget.
You can too share photographs from Chromebook to Android equally. Open the Information app in your Chromebook. Choose the photographs that you just need to share. Then click on on the Share icon. Within the share sheet, it’s best to see the Close by Share choice. Click on on it.
Then choose your Android gadget to share photographs with the Android cellphone. You don’t need to log in with the identical account, simply be certain to activate Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on each units.
3. USB Switch
Whereas Close by Share is quick and even seamless when you have got logged in with the identical Google account, generally, it may also be unreliable. The switch may be gradual or the 2 units could not even join. Whenever you need to share a whole lot of photographs from Android to Chromebook or vice versa, it’s higher to depend on the great previous USB cable.
1. Join your Android cellphone to Chromebook utilizing a USB cable.
2. On Android, you’re going to get a pop-up. Choose the File Switch choice to allow switch information between units.
3. Now open the Information app and choose your cellphone within the left sidebar. Right here it’s best to be capable of see your Android cellphone’s recordsdata.
4. Simply choose the photographs that you just need to switch, right-click on them, and choose the Copy choice.
5. Now navigate to one of many system folders and paste them by right-clicking and deciding on the Paste choice. You can too drag and drop photographs to your system however that may delete these photographs in your cellphone.
The steps to switch photographs from Chromebook to Android cellphone are comparable. Merely choose the photographs in your Chromebook, right-click, and choose Copy. Now click on on the Telephone drive within the sidebar and paste the photographs the place you need to switch.
Android and ChromeOS Ecosystem
Aside from the strategies shared above, there are a lot of different methods to switch photographs out of your Android cellphone to a Chromebook and vice versa. As an alternative of a USB cable, you may also attempt a USB persist with switch cellphone/recordsdata between units. To switch wirelessly, as a substitute of Close by Share, you may also ship photographs by Bluetooth between Android and Chrome OS units.