In the event you not too long ago switched from a OnePlus or Apple iPhone to a Google Pixel telephone, you is perhaps lacking the bodily swap that places your telephone on silent. Luckily, there are different straightforward methods to mute your Pixel telephone. You are able to do it utilizing quantity buttons, Don’t disturb, energy and quantity keys, fast faucet, and so on. Let’s examine all of the strategies intimately to place Google Pixel telephones on silent.
Tips on how to Mute Google Pixel Telephones
1. Utilizing Quantity Buttons
The amount buttons on the aspect of your Google Pixel telephones provide a simple strategy to mute ringtones and notifications as proven beneath.
1. Press the Quantity up or down button to open the quantity slider.
2. Faucet on the bell icon on the prime of the slider to see the sound modes.
Then, faucet on the bell icon with a bar to place your Google Pixel on silent mode. This may flip off calls and notification sounds together with vibration. Alternatively, press the vibration icon to place your telephone in vibration mode. Meaning, your telephone will vibrate for calls and notifications with out sound.
Professional Tip: Faucet on the three-dot icon beneath the quantity slider to vary particular person volumes for media, name, ring, and alarm. Additionally, learn how to set totally different volumes for every app.
2. Utilizing Do Not Disturb
If you wish to customise the silent mode in your Pixel telephone, the Don’t disturb (DND) mode is a good possibility. You may create exceptions for individuals, conversations, apps, varieties of notifications, and even schedule DND in order that it prompts robotically on the set time.
1. To allow DND, go to Settings > Sound & vibration > Don’t Disturb.
2. Faucet on Activate now.
A quicker means is to open the short settings panel which could be accessed by swiping down twice from the highest edge. Then, faucet on the Don’t disturb tile to allow it.
Tip: You may have DND turned on robotically when you find yourself driving or at bedtime.
3. Utilizing Flip to Shhh
The Flip to shh function is likely one of the easiest methods to briefly silence your Pixel telephone. When Flip to shh is enabled, it’s essential to flip your telephone over and place it on a flat floor to activate Don’t disturb mode. The Don’t disturb mode will stay lively so long as your telephone’s display screen is dealing with down.
If you flip or flip the telephone in direction of your self, the DND mode will robotically flip off. This function is impressed by our behavior of inserting our telephones face down on a flat floor to cover incoming calls.
To allow and use this function, observe these steps:
1. Open Settings in your Pixel telephone.
2. Go to System > Gestures.
3. Faucet on Flip to shhh gesture and allow the toggle subsequent to Use flip to shh.
4. Everytime you wish to set off Don’t disturb mode in your Pixel, put the telephone face down on a flat floor.
Tip: Discover ways to get Pixel options on any Android telephone.
4. Utilizing Forestall Ringing
You may mute the Google Pixel telephones or put them in vibration mode by urgent the Energy and Quantity up buttons collectively. This function is called Forestall ringing on Pixel telephones.
Notice: This function doesn’t work on Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Professional.
1. Open Settings in your telephone.
2. Go to System > Gestures.
3. Faucet on Forestall ringing and allow the toggle subsequent to Use forestall ringing. Right here you possibly can determine whether or not your telephone must be put in vibration or mute mode. Choose the suitable possibility.
Please needless to say if you’re utilizing the Energy button to launch Google Assistant, then this function is not going to work, and Forestall ringing possibility will seem grayed out. To repair it, faucet on Press and maintain energy button simply above the Forestall ringing possibility and disable Maintain for assistant.
4. With the function enabled, press the Energy + Quantity up button to activate the chosen mode.
5. Utilizing Fast Faucet
On Pixel 4a (5G) and later telephones, you possibly can take the benefit of Fast Faucet function to mute your telephone. Sadly, mute isn’t a default possibility for Fast Faucet. Nonetheless, you possibly can set up a third-party app that may immediately put Pixel on silence mode while you faucet twice on the telephone’s again.
1. Set up the Mute app from Play Retailer.
2. Open the app as soon as to permit entry to settings.
3. Go to Settings > System > Gestures.
4. Faucet on Fast faucet to start out actions and allow the toggle subsequent to Use Fast faucet.
5. Scroll down and choose the Open app possibility. Then, press the Settings icon subsequent to it.
6. Select the Mute app that you just put in in step 1 from the record of apps.
7. Now, everytime you wish to silence your telephone, faucet twice on the again of your telephone.
6. Utilizing Widget
Google Pixel telephones run on Inventory Android that permits you to add a settings widget to the house display screen from which you’ll entry the specified setting shortly. We can be utilizing the identical widget to place Pixel on mute.
1. Contact and maintain an empty house in your Pixel’s house display screen. Choose Widgets or Add widget from the choices.
2. Scroll down and search for the Settings widget. Contact and drag the Settings shortcut widget to the house display screen. The record of settings will present up. Faucet on Sound & vibration.
3. Subsequent, faucet on the newly created widget on the house display screen. You’ll attain the Sound & vibration settings display screen. Lower the Ring & notification quantity to the bottom degree to silence calls and notifications.
7. Utilizing Guidelines
You may silence your Google Pixel telephone based mostly on location or a particular Wi-Fi community utilizing the Guidelines function.
1. Go to Settings > System > Guidelines.
2. Allow the toggle subsequent to At all times permit location for guidelines. Then, faucet on Add rule.
3. Underneath the Do the next part, choose the motion for the rule i.e., what you need the rule to do. Let’s say Set telephone to silent.
4. Then, faucet on Add Wi-Fi community or location adopted by selecting the specified possibility based mostly on which you wish to silence your telephone. Faucet on Add.
Now, each time you’re at a selected location or linked to the Wi-Fi community, your Pixel can be muted robotically.
8. Flip off Vibration
If you need to disable vibration for incoming calls, go to Settings > Sound & vibration > Vibration & haptics > Vibrate for calls. Choose By no means vibrate.
I hope you have been in a position to put your Google Pixel on silent utilizing the above strategies. After getting some free time, try the most effective apps for Pixel telephones. And, if you’re dealing with points with the Pixel Digicam app, discover ways to repair the app.