ProBot is a latest entry into the multi-purpose Discord bots world, and the highest characteristic is the auto-moderation and auto responder. Whereas many used to and nonetheless do choose MEE6 for server administration options, ProBot comes with extra methods to customise and automate duties. Let’s discover out how one can arrange and use ProBot on Discord servers.
Easy methods to Setup ProBot on Discord
To arrange ProBot in your Discord server:
1. Open the ProBot web site and faucet on the Add to Discord choice.
2. It’s going to open a pop-up window. Then log in to the service together with your Discord account.
3. As soon as completed, choose the server that you simply wish to add ProBot to and click on Proceed.
4. Then click on on Authorize which ought to shut the pop-up window.
5. Now, you can be redirected to the ProBot dashboard the place you’ll be able to arrange and handle ProBot bot in your Discord server.
Easy methods to Use ProBot on Discord
ProBot is a multi-purpose Discord bot helpful for conducting numerous duties. Right here’s how one can handle and use ProBot in your Discord server.
1. For Welcome and Goodbye Messages
ProBot is common for automating duties. Sending an automatic welcome and goodbye message when somebody joins or exits the server is likely one of the key options of providers. To arrange:
1. Within the ProBot dashboard, choose your server and click on on the Welcome & Googlebye messages choice within the sidebar.
2. To ship an automatic welcome message, allow the toggle beside Ship a message when a person joins the server.
3. It ought to present you a textual content field the place you’ll be able to enter the message. Notice that you need to use variables akin to [user], [server], [memberCount], and so on. within the message. The bot will then enter respective values mechanically earlier than sending the message.
4. Then select whether or not you wish to ship it as a DM or in a Channel.
5. Now click on on the Save Modifications button on the backside to start sending welcome messages new entrants to your server.
You’ve got efficiently arrange ProBot on Discord to ship a welcome message when somebody joins your Discord server. Aside from a textual content message, you may as well ship a welcome picture. ProBot will add the person’s avatar, a background, and a welcome textual content on to the Picture.
1. Within the Welcome and Goodbye Messages choice, allow the toggle beside Ship a picture when a person joins the server.
2. Now, you’ll be able to customise the background, username, avatar, and textual content and place them on the picture.
3. Lastly, you’ll be able to select to both ship the picture together with the welcome message or ship it individually to a channel.
4. As soon as completed, click on on the Save Modifications choice.
Equally, you may as well ship a goodbye message when a person leaves your Discord server. However you can’t DM now so the goodbye message will be despatched to a channel in your server. As such, the person who left the server could not see your goodbye message.
1. Simply allow the toggle beside Ship a message when a person leaves the server.
2. Enter the message within the textual content field beneath and choose a channel to which you wish to ship the message.
3. As soon as completed, click on on the Save Modifications choice.
2. For Auto Responding to Messages
One other superb automating characteristic on ProBot is organising computerized responses to the messages. You possibly can arrange a set off phrase which when ProBot detects, will reply mechanically with the preset message you’ve gotten recorded earlier than.
1. To arrange, click on on the Auto Responder choice within the left sidebar.
2. Right here, activate the toggle beside Auto Responder if turned off and click on Add Responder button and choose Add Response.
3. Now set the Set off phrase after which add a Response of their respective textual content containers within the pop-up. In response, you need to use variables like [user], [userName], and so on. too.
4. By default, ProBot triggers solely when the set off phrase is entered in a separate message. However should you allow the Wildcard choice, it responds even when the set off phrase is between a message.
5. Click on on the +Add Response choice beneath so as to add a number of responses. In order that the bot can provide random responses. Recording a number of messages will show you how to keep away from sounding monotonous.
6. Lastly, you’ll be able to allow and/or disable roles and channels. Consider Enabled Roles and Disabled Roles as whitelist the place solely chosen roles and channels shall be allowed. Equally, consider Disabled Roles and Disabled Roles as a blacklist that can disallow sending auto-response in these channels and customers in these roles.
7. As soon as completed, click on on the Save Modifications.
3. For Leveling System on the Server
The leveling system is usually used on many Discord servers to maintain customers extra energetic. ProBot offers an automatic degree system and will increase the extent of customers primarily based on their server exercise degree. The extra energetic they’re, the upper they may rank on the server. It’s a one-time setup course of, then you’ll be able to neglect about it because the bot works within the background.
1. To arrange the leveling system, open the ProBot dashboard and click on on Leveling System choice within the left sidebar.
2. Now allow the toggle beside the Leveling choice for the bot to start out the leveling performance.
3. You possibly can customise it a bit of to fit your wants. You possibly can add roles to No XP roles, so the bot won’t rank them. Additionally, you’ll be able to add No XP Channels, so the bot won’t think about when somebody is energetic in that channel.
4. You can too add Textual content leveling up a channel the place the bot can ship a congratulatory message notifying the person upon reaching a brand new degree.
5. Customers can kind the /prime command to search out individuals with larger ranks. They’ll additionally use the command /rank to get their rank card on the server.
To fight spam, the ProBot calculates what number of minutes they have been energetic on the server as a substitute of what number of messages they despatched.
4. For Moderation Controls
ProBot provides each guide and auto-moderation controls. Whereas the guide moderation is on par with different providers, the auto mod consists of a few extra settings in comparison with different related bots.
1. To arrange guide moderation, open the ProBot dashboard and choose the Moderation choice within the left sidebar.
2. Allow moderation and within the Mod roles part, add the moderator roles that may have entry to moderation in your server.
3. Moderators can use instructions akin to /ban, /unban, /kick, /clear, /transfer, /timeout, /slowmode, and so on. that are self-explanatory.
With guide moderation, moderators should preserve monitor of the messages and ban customers who spam or use foul language. ProBot additionally has an Automod choice the place it could possibly detect curse phrases and take needed actions that you’ve specified. As soon as ProBot is ready up on Discord, every little thing will occur within the background mechanically.
1. Open the Automod choice within the left sidebar.
2. Right here you must see a listing of triggers akin to spam, invitations, dangerous phrases, hyperlinks, and so on.
3. Simply click on on the Choose choice beneath the respective triggers and choose the message to Delete, Warn, or Mute. Now every time the bot detects spam or makes use of foul phrases, it’s going to take the required motion chosen.
4. You possibly can scroll down and set roles and channels that may be ignored so they are going to be neither muted nor their messages deleted. A whitelist.
Anyhow, the automod can solely delete or mute messages. For those who choose to ban the person utterly, you need to do it manually.
5. For Response Roles Choice on the Server
The response roles characteristic is helpful for customers to self-assign their roles in your Discord server as a substitute of an admin or moderator assigning the position to them. Whereas this isn’t full automation, this will save a variety of trouble for the moderators and customers may also tackle any position they’re within the server. However, as an admin or moderator, you’ve gotten full management over what roles customers can and can’t assume.
1. On the ProBot web site, click on on the Embedded Messages choice.
2. Now click on on the Create choice on the prime to create a brand new embedded message.
3. Give your embedded message a reputation after which click on the +Add area choice so as to add title, content material, picture, and so on.
4. Add the required fields explaining the roles in your server to the brand new customers.
5. Then click on on Ship New Message button on the backside.
6. Within the pop-up, choose the channel after which click on Ship New Message. This message shall be despatched as an Embedded message within the chosen channel.
7. As soon as completed, click on on the Save Modifications button.
8. Now click on on the Response Roles choice within the left sidebar after which click on on Add Message.
9. Now below the Embeds part, choose the embed that you’ve simply created within the final step above.
10. Then below Select a message, choose the message that you simply simply despatched.
11. Then below Emoji response, click on on Add Response button.
12. Choose the emojis that symbolize the roles in your server. One emoji for every position.
13. As soon as chosen, you’ll be able to see emojis beneath with a plus icon beside them.
14. Click on on the plus icon and choose the position, if the person chooses that emoji, they are going to be added to that position mechanically.
15. As soon as completed, click on on Save Modifications.
Now customers can hop on to that channel or you’ll be able to set that channel as a welcome channel. Customers must simply click on on the emoji reactions for that message to affix the respective server.
6. For Taking part in Music on the Voice Channels
One notable characteristic on ProBot that isn’t about automation is the flexibility to play music in Discord. Lately, each multi-purpose Discord bot helps enjoying music. The customers want to affix a voice channel and ship the instructions to ProBot on any textual content channel that ProBot can entry.
1. Open the ProBot Dashboard and click on on the Music choice within the left sidebar.
2. Right here make it possible for the toggle is enabled beside Music.
3. On the Music web page, you will notice all supported music instructions like /play, /cease, /skip, /repeat, /24/7, and so on.
4. You possibly can add roles in DJ Roles in order that solely they’ll management the music from ProBot.
ProBot on Discord
Together with the above options, you additionally get some utility-based instructions akin to /profile, /person, /server, and others for the small print of any person or server info. Subscribing to ProBot’s premium plan, that prices $2.5/month, will allow options like quantity management, temp hyperlink, voice on-line, anti raid, and so on. Additionally try, tips on how to use the carl bot for response roles and tips on how to arrange Ticket Device in your Discord server which provides related options to your Discord channel.