Fitbit smartwatches include voice assistants like Alexa and Google Assistant built-in. So you need to use Alexa in your Fitbit watch identical to in your Echo. Additionally, you’ll be able to join your Fitbit account with Alexa, so you’ll be able to ask Alexa to fetch health and well being information from Fitbit too. Right here’s how one can arrange Alexa in your Fitbit smartwatch and use it to find out about your Fitbit information.
Be aware that Fitbit makes each smartwatches and health bands or trackers. Additionally, solely Sense, Versa 2 and Fitbit Versa 3 have audio system built-in for Alexa and in addition Google Assistant for that matter. That being stated, right here’s the way to join Alexa to your Fitbit smartwatch.
Tips on how to Setup Alexa on Fitbit
You possibly can solely allow voice assistant on Fitbit when you have linked your Fitbit gadget to your cellphone with the assistance of the Fitbit app.
1. As soon as the Fitbit watch is linked to the cellphone, open the Fitbit app (Android / iOS) in your cellphone and faucet on the profile icon on the prime left nook.
2. Now faucet on the linked gadget title right here.
3. Now choose the Voice Assistant choice after which select Amazon Alexa to arrange Alexa.
4. Now faucet on the Register with Amazon button and log in to Alexa along with your Amazon account.
5. Give permission to your Fitbit to entry Alexa by tapping on Enable. That’s it, you have got efficiently linked Alexa to your Fitbit gadget.
Now you’ll be able to simply open the Alexa app on Fitbit or press and maintain the button to ask Alexa a query on Fitbit.
Tips on how to Hyperlink Fitbit Account with Alexa
You have got arrange Alexa on Fitbit however nonetheless, Alexa is unable to entry your Fitbit information. To do this you additionally must hyperlink your Fitbit account with Alexa. So you’ll be able to ask Alexa about what number of steps you took as we speak, the way you slept final night time, and so on.
1. Open the Alexa app (Android / iOS)in your cellphone and faucet on the Extra choice within the backside bar.
2. Right here, choose the Expertise & Video games choice.
3. Now faucet on the Search choice and seek for Fitbit.
4. Right here choose the Fitbit choice from the outcomes and faucet on the Launch button.
5. Now login along with your Fitbit account, then choose Enable all choice for Alexa to entry all of your Fitbit information. Or you’ll be able to choose the information manually and allow solely the information units that you’re comfy sharing with Alexa.
6. As soon as achieved, faucet on Enable. Your Fitbit account is now efficiently linked to Alexa.
Tips on how to Use Alexa on Fitbit
You can not use voice command like ‘Alexa’ to activate it as of but. You could press and maintain a button to activate Alexa after which communicate within the microphone. Alexa just isn’t ‘at all times listening’ which additionally implies that your non-public conversations stay non-public in order that’s a great factor. Your smartphone must be shut in an effort to use Alexa. As you have got already linked your Fitbit account with Alexa, you’ll be able to ask Alexa about your Fitbit information. For instance, ‘Alexa, ask Fitbit for XYZ’. Listed below are some instructions you’ll be able to strive:
- Alexa, ask Fitbit how I’m doing as we speak
- Alexa, ask Fitbit how I slept final night time
- Alexa, ask Fitbit what my resting coronary heart fee is
You’ll discover that Alexa helps pure language processing or NLP. You can provide instructions to Alexa on any gadget like Fitbit, your cellphone, and even on Echo gadgets. There are additionally particular instructions which you could give Alexa on the Fitbit gadget like:
- Begin an train
- Set reminders
- Verify climate
Integrating Alexa with Fitbit
By organising Alexa on Fitbit and connecting your Fitbit account to Alexa, it turns into simpler to entry all that well being information Fitbit has collected over time. Alexa can management sure Fitbit gadget actions simply however solely if you’re linked to the cellphone which ought to be close by for it to work. Fitbit has answered a number of generally requested questions for each Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. We suggest you to test them out.